These rules apply to all contestants regardless of rank and/or affiliation. Rules are intended to promote a safe and respectful atmosphere for all competitors and their guests. A full set of rules is available for download.
- All contestants must be in proper uniform. White Dobok Pants & Traditional Jackets (not “V” neck or pull over type). Sleeve and pant cuffs must not be cut or folded 3” higher than the wrist or ankle.
- Hyung (forms) will be demonstrated one (1) competitor at a time.
- Weapons Hyung will be demonstrated one (1) competitor at a time.
- No sharpened blades of any kind, at any level will be allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Contestants must furnish or supply their own safety equipment.
- All members must conduct themselves with courtesy and respect. Disrespect towards Officials, Tournament staff, fellow competitors or spectators will not be tolerated.
- Proper discipline, self-control and attitude must be shown at all times.
- All advanced ranking members should show exemplary conduct and look after junior ranking members.
- Whether taking part or attending as a spectator, all contestants must follow the rules of the Championship.
- Only contestants and officials are permitted on the competition area.
- No coaching from the sidelines at any time. Respectful and positive cheering for all competitors is encouraged.
- Judges and referees are to remain on duty regardless if contestants are from their studio. Highly respectful, fair decisions are expected.
- Unless assigned to another duty by the Tournament Directors, all Officials should remain in the same ring for all categories of the competition.
- Complaints or appeals from the contestants during the Championship will not be allowed. Competitors’ Instructor shall report to the Tournament Director for review and they will determine any corrective action. Demonstrations of discord are subject to official censorship.